The objectives of the Mentorship Scheme are to:
- Provide academic counselling
- Give personal and professional guidance
- Support extra-curricular and welfare activities of the students
- Arrange remedial measures for students who are at the risk of failure
- Identify those with learning difficulties and personal problems
- Encouragement to their learning process.
- Guidance to improve their academic performance.
- Advice on regularly attending classes and actively participating in group activities.
- Suggestions on how to maximize and focus their academic endeavors.
The centre always emphasizes the students’ problem with developmental issues, addressing and resolving specific problems, making decisions, coping with crisis, developing personal insights and knowledge, working through feelings of inner conflict or improving relationships with others.Besides the counselling services, it has been playing a vital role in various co-curricular activities such as fresher’s reception, souvenir, debate competition, cultural competition, celebrating national and international days, career festival, and financial assistance for the insolvent meritorious students in every year.The cell is headed by a trained faculty-in-charge with the help of Management members, Principal and a Psychologist.
The following programmes were organized under SWCC coordinated by Mrs.P.Manimala AP/Physics.
- Pancard and Passport Mela.
- The World Engineers Day
- In commemoration of Teachers Day celebration, a short film named “Nallasiriyar” was screened in our college campus for all the department students
- Career opportunities in LIC.